What's new

Suggestion Rejected Adjust Reverberation's crit chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazunokun

Feb 24, 2020
So, I know it is most likely not possible to change this at the current stage of developement, so this is moreso a reference to look back at when we can adjust things that are further into the meat of the code. Furthermore I'm not actually sure if this is a bug or intentional, so i put it in the suggested area just in case. So reverberation is a pretty weird skill in terms of crits. Where heals like divine blessing consistently crit and seem to line up with your crit chance in game, reverb does not at all. From the little bit of testing that i did (spamming the skill about a hundred timees and dividing things) i could estimate the crit chance of the skill to be around 19% with my characters crit chance of 82%. This makes the skill really unreliable wich is really bad as it is the only god heal skill that physical classes have access to (besides guardian in mastery stuff wich doesn't really count in this matter since they would need to sacrafice dragon energy sills if they wanteed to use those efficiently as well). This makes Sorthina especially mostly a case of praying to RNGsus for the skill to crit unless you want to waste time mounting your heal drake every now and then wich only makes the fight unnessecarily annoying. I'm not saying to straightup buff the skills crit an leave it like that, but either making it not crit and boost the base ratios (like oracle heal basically) or just lowering its base numbers but boosting its crit to more reliable numbers like in the case of divine blessing so you end up with roughly the same effective healing would be a great QoL change in the future. It's not really a big deal since just boosting base numbers until you just don't care if it crits or not is always an option, but it would at least make phy classes a bit more playable and could even bring a bit more diversity since having a more reliable heal could mean that you're not forced to go with physical shards for survival (or at least less so).

Attachments

• htrsjhnrt.PNG
    htrsjhnrt.PNG
    290.2 KB · Views: 227

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
As I said on Discord, while I was investigating the skill, as far as I can tell there isn't much difference between this skill and also with Divine Spring, so I will need to do a deeper dive once we start breaking down the skill system and figuring out what some of the more arcane attributes do.

I've added this to our project tracker for now, and added notes for the things that I have looked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks