What's new

Announcement Removing the Xsolla payment option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arie

May 13, 2020
Das ist keine gute Nachricht ,da für mich nur Paysafe in frage kommt.Schade dann wird das Spiel für mich über kurz oder lang leider nicht mehr spielbar sein , da ich nicht die möglichkeiten habe wie andere Spieler die über Paypal banken können.

Vielen Dank für die Antwort

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Das ist keine gute Nachricht ,da für mich nur Paysafe in frage kommt.Schade dann wird das Spiel für mich über kurz oder lang leider nicht mehr spielbar sein , da ich nicht die möglichkeiten habe wie andere Spieler die über Paypal banken können.

Vielen Dank für die Antwort
Read the previous posts, we are still looking at offering Paysafe. The comment about not offering Paysafe any longer is meant as a last resort, as Paysafe is why it is harder to find EU-capable payment providers that are trustworthy.

Arie

May 13, 2020
Vielen Dank für den Hinweis.
Wollen wir hoffen das es klappt,spiele das Spiel sehr gerne.

lG Arie

Ruhloser

May 13, 2020
Paysafe ist ja was , was man als normale Realperson nicht zurück buchen kann - man wird auf jeder Paysafe-Card darauf hingewiesen , einmal damit getätigte Zahlungen sind weder stonierbar noch rückbuchbar (jedenfalls ist es bei uns in Deutschland so)^^
Gut in welchem Umfang ihr als Firma ein solches Rückbuchrecht einräumen müßt hängt wohl davon ab , wie bei euch die Rechtsprechung ist und welche Vorgaben eure Firma erfüllen muß ^^
Für den Endverbraucher - also uns - ist Paysafe eigendlich eine relativ einfache Alternative zu den sehr umständlichen und mit irgendwelchen unsinnigen Vorschriften behafteten Banken wie Paypal . Gerade in der heutigen Zeit , wo man annehmen sollte das es den Leuten vereinfacht wird , sich anderweitig abzulenken , sind solche Methoden der Banken mehr wie unverständlich . Aber das ist nun mal so und nicht zu ändern ^^

Also ich für meinen Teil würde auch die 10-15% mehr bezahlen wenn ich dafür wieder Paysafe zur Verfügung hätte ^^
Wenn ich den Umweg über Freunde und deren Konten nehmen würde, käme ich wahrscheinlich auf Zusatzkosten von 25-30% , das wäre mir dann zuviel ^^ Ich investiere ja um das Spiel zu stützen und nicht um irgendwelche Banken reich zu machen ^^

Ruhloser

May 13, 2020
Read the previous posts, we are still looking at offering Paysafe. The comment about not offering Paysafe any longer is meant as a last resort, as Paysafe is why it is harder to find EU-capable payment providers that are trustworthy.
Sry dann ist da ein Übersetzungsfehler entstanden und ich habe etwas mißverstanden ^^
Leider ist mein Englisch rein auf Technik ausgelegt und für den normalen Sprachgebrauch völlig unzureichend ^^
Entschuldigung für den Fall das es falsch verstanden wurde ^^

Arie

May 13, 2020
Paysafe ist ja was , was man als normale Realperson nicht zurück buchen kann - man wird auf jeder Paysafe-Card darauf hingewiesen , einmal damit getätigte Zahlungen sind weder stonierbar noch rückbuchbar (jedenfalls ist es bei uns in Deutschland so)^^
Gut in welchem Umfang ihr als Firma ein solches Rückbuchrecht einräumen müßt hängt wohl davon ab , wie bei euch die Rechtsprechung ist und welche Vorgaben eure Firma erfüllen muß ^^
Für den Endverbraucher - also uns - ist Paysafe eigendlich eine relativ einfache Alternative zu den sehr umständlichen und mit irgendwelchen unsinnigen Vorschriften behafteten Banken wie Paypal . Gerade in der heutigen Zeit , wo man annehmen sollte das es den Leuten vereinfacht wird , sich anderweitig abzulenken , sind solche Methoden der Banken mehr wie unverständlich . Aber das ist nun mal so und nicht zu ändern ^^

Also ich für meinen Teil würde auch die 10-15% mehr bezahlen wenn ich dafür wieder Paysafe zur Verfügung hätte ^^
Wenn ich den Umweg über Freunde und deren Konten nehmen würde, käme ich wahrscheinlich auf Zusatzkosten von 25-30% , das wäre mir dann zuviel ^^ Ich investiere ja um das Spiel zu stützen und nicht um irgendwelche Banken reich zu machen ^^
Das trifft den Nagel auf dem Kopf

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016

As a company, Paysafe is more questionable than Paypal; their services are known to be used largely for money laundering, and there was an investigation of wide spread use by Italian mafia.

We're not going to pass off the fee to customers, as it's part of doing business and it just punishes people who don't have other options. I'm waiting for @Stealth to look into the alternative payment methods, but he's dealing with some other things currently so I probably won't have an idea until next week at the earliest.

Ruhloser

May 13, 2020
As a company, Paysafe is more questionable than Paypal; their services are known to be used largely for money laundering, and there was an investigation of wide spread use by Italian mafia.

We're not going to pass off the fee to customers, as it's part of doing business and it just punishes people who don't have other options. I'm waiting for @Stealth to look into the alternative payment methods, but he's dealing with some other things currently so I probably won't have an idea until next week at the earliest.

Danke euch Seiichi , ich hoffe - nein ich wünsche mir das es klappt und sich uns eine Alternative auftut ^^
In diesem Sinne noch einen schönen Tag ^^
LG Ruhloser ^^

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
So the issue we have been facing with finding a new payment provider to supply Paysafe processing is that they are based out of Europe, and aren't currently capable of working with US companies at this time, or that our services (or any online gaming services) are considered high risk for charge backs, and that we do not have enough transactions per month (there is a expectation of 1000+ transactions consistently month to month).

Stealth is currently looking at getting partnered directly with Paysafe, and then we will also offer either Stripe or Braintree which offer more localized payment methods, but also do not have a holding requirement.

If all else fails, we may reconsider Xsolla, however the funds that they 'sent' have still not cleared due to international wire transfer. That or they never sent it, which has been the case in the past with them. If the money does not clear from them soon, we will not consider them at all because we cannot risk not receiving funds that are used to pay staff and for server costs.

As always, the best choice to support the servers is to use Paypal as there are no quirks to the service, and they have the lowest fees. If you use Paysafe, it is possible to get a Paysafe Mastercard which can be used for purchases, but it does not work with Paysafe pre-paid cards: paysafe prepaid Mastercard - paysafecard.com

OwnliE

Jun 23, 2020
So the issue we have been facing with finding a new payment provider to supply Paysafe processing is that they are based out of Europe, and aren't currently capable of working with US companies at this time, or that our services (or any online gaming services) are considered high risk for charge backs, and that we do not have enough transactions per month (there is a expectation of 1000+ transactions consistently month to month).

Stealth is currently looking at getting partnered directly with Paysafe, and then we will also offer either Stripe or Braintree which offer more localized payment methods, but also do not have a holding requirement.

If all else fails, we may reconsider Xsolla, however the funds that they 'sent' have still not cleared due to international wire transfer. That or they never sent it, which has been the case in the past with them. If the money does not clear from them soon, we will not consider them at all because we cannot risk not receiving funds that are used to pay staff and for server costs.

As always, the best choice to support the servers is to use Paypal as there are no quirks to the service, and they have the lowest fees. If you use Paysafe, it is possible to get a Paysafe Mastercard which can be used for purchases, but it does not work with Paysafe pre-paid cards: paysafe prepaid Mastercard - paysafecard.com
Well the Problem keeps the same as with Paypal in case u wanna get the Paysafemastercard. For me and my whole Family included rly EVERYONE i know cant get a Paysafemastercard because bad conditions....

Even our Paysafeaccount is blocked because of this...
Dont know whats the idea with this Paysafeaccount if u cant use it anyways with bad condotions lol. Noone need this if u need the exactly same bullshit conditions as with a Paypalaccount xD

So yeah the Key for Ppl like me (thats seems to be alot more than i thought, sadness factor increasing hard now ...)
is the Paysafe prepaid card or something with direct banking like Klarna, Directpay etc.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Well the Problem keeps the same as with Paypal in case u wanna get the Paysafemastercard. For me and my whole Family included rly EVERYONE i know cant get a Paysafemastercard because bad conditions....

Even our Paysafeaccount is blocked because of this...
Dont know whats the idea with this Paysafeaccount if u cant use it anyways with bad condotions lol. Noone need this if u need the exactly same bullshit conditions as with a Paypalaccount xD

So yeah the Key for Ppl like me (thats seems to be alot more than i thought, sadness factor increasing hard now ...)
is the Paysafe prepaid card or something with direct banking like Klarna, Directpay etc.

Both of those offer a wide variety of payment methods, without a large overhead on required fees (one of our issues with Xsolla).

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We've been approved for Stripe, however I need to have a custom Payment Profile made to expand the options for checkout.

Galban

May 13, 2020
I tried to pay with paypal as guest and got this (after all inputs given)

"Leider können wir Ihren Einkauf zurzeit nicht abschließen
Bitte kehren Sie zum Händler zurück und wählen Sie eine andere Zahlungsmethode."

Sorry.. But I can't buy platinum

Arie

May 13, 2020
Hi Saiichi

Das ist eine super Nachricht und das bischen Zeit die du brauchst haben wir auch noch.
Vielen Dank für eure Bemühunngen

LG Arie

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I tried to pay with paypal as guest and got this (after all inputs given)

"Leider können wir Ihren Einkauf zurzeit nicht abschließen
Bitte kehren Sie zum Händler zurück und wählen Sie eine andere Zahlungsmethode."

Sorry.. But I can't buy platinum
Try checking this page: Why Can't I Make a Payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks